Friday, November 19, 2010

Mildred's Famous Christmas Cranberry Tea

I worked with Dian Markham for many years at TN Wildlife Resources.  Dian doesn't do a blog but she does an email musing for certain special people (I'm one of them.)  Today she posted this Cranberry Tea recipe from her friend Mildred who also worked for TWRA.  Anyway I asked her permission to post this recipe just in time for the holidays.  I hope you enjoy.  I have left the notes she added in the musings I received from Dian.

1 gallon of water
6 regular tea bags
3 c. sugar (she used no sugar at all and neither do I)
1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup lemon juice
1 six oz can frozen orange juice
1 six oz box cherry jello
3 sticks cinnamon
3 teaspoons whole cloves
1 quart apple juice
 
(Dian note: I once forgot the whole cloves and stick cinnamon and sprinkled the spice kind of both in and it worked fine) 
 
Boil water, drop in tea bags and leave six minutes (I leave in until I remember it) Remove tea bags. Put spice in cloth and tie and drop in and leave 30 minutes.  Remove spices and add all the other ingredients.  Heat when ready to serve (Di note:  I use one of those office type coffee perking pots (Mildred gave me one) to keep it good and hot at my breakfasts but you can just heat it in a big pan too).  Another Mildred note:  she used decaf tea (me too) and sugar free jello.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment